Why is a raven like a writing desk?

27 Jan

For the last who knows how many years, I have been desperate to have a fancy dress Alice in Wonderland birthday party (I wrote about it before here).  Actually…I’ll take a party for whatever, just give me an occasion.  I stumbled across these ridiculous heels the other day and it reignited my excitement about the thought of such a fête.  This year I will be traveling for my birthday (more to come on that very exciting subject) so chances are it just isn’t possible but a girl can dream…

They are totally bizarre and kooky but I love them.  And I want them.  For whatever reason, I would far prefer to dress up as the Queen of Hearts as opposed to Alice…so here are some things I would love see WITH these perfectly over-the-top heels.  PAINT THE ROSES RED!

This would be the perfect occasion for some photo booth fun!

And I want to drink out of these cups (they BEST not be full of tea)…

The more I think about it…the more I think a costume change during the party would be most necessary…

About these ads

9 Responses to “Why is a raven like a writing desk?”

1. Sandy January 27, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Love, love, love today’s post…Whimsy at its best!!

2. .sabo skirt. January 28, 2012 at 5:39 am #

The dresses were all gorgeous. We love the ruffle hem line. And the glittery shoes, its just amazing!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

3. Veronica Popoiacu January 28, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

wonderful photos

4. CLUSSSTER.COM January 29, 2012 at 9:32 am #

Lovely visuals! If I were to dress up, I’d also pick the queen. Such great possibilities to DIY some things :)

Have a great trip!

5. Honey Fashion is Coming January 29, 2012 at 11:28 am #

great pics! love the little hat :) :)

6. Iliyana January 29, 2012 at 3:59 pm #

cute!!!

7. macarons and mcqueen January 29, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

I love everything to do with Alice and Wonderland, so obviously I love this post!

macaronsandmcqueen.blogspot.com

xx

8. Ahka Vintage January 30, 2012 at 3:49 am #

Everything about this post is absolutely perfect! The shoes, the dresses, the tea cups – I LOVE Alice in Wonderland inspiration – totally my style!

Ahka Vintage SHOP
    Ahka Vintage BLOG

9. Vincent February 19, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

Alice is a great story. I felt the same way about the Phantom Tollbooth. I watend to be with Milo and eat letters and numbers. I really watend to know what they tasted like. :)