‘Second to the right and then straight on till morning’

3 Jan

To make childish and ‘cute’ into sexy and feminine is near impossible.  But this is where the pan collar comes in .  This look hit me like a ton of bricks when I saw one of my fav ladies in the world, Anna Karina, in the French sci-fi film Alphaville, and even more so when I chose to use the film as inspiration to design a couple of looks for a project at school.

I’m really into the black and white basic, though styling can be tricky.  Totally possible (and fun!) to translate into your wardrobe, though.  I’ve picked out a few dresses, tops and coats but there are plenty of places selling just the collar that you can attach to anything you own.

You’re probably all crafty enough to even make your own attachable collar but here are a couple less traditional styles you can pick up on a budget  :)

About these ads

8 Responses to “‘Second to the right and then straight on till morning’”

1. Hannah January 3, 2012 at 7:55 am #

Your blog is so fab!

xoxo, H

• thrillofthechaise January 3, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Awwww thanks so much Hannah! Really glad you’re enjoying it and happy new year! :)

Kate

2. NANA January 3, 2012 at 8:51 am #

mm love the peter pan collar, i was in the middle of making my own and broke the sewing machine T_T i will have to complete it after i replace the needle, but thanks for sharing hun xoxo

love from the NANA girls

• thrillofthechaise January 3, 2012 at 9:00 am #

The perils of fashion, huh? :) Look forward to seeing the collar when it’s done!

Kate

3. Megan @ Tales of an HBS Wife January 3, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

I love Peter Pan collars – so glad to see them in chic looks!

4. Pimenava Yana January 3, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

Nice :)

5. CheckMyFashion January 4, 2012 at 9:05 am #

What a great idea!You know how to glam up your dresses

==========
    From http://www.checkmyfashion.com/

An Online Wardrobe for worldwide Fashion Lovers

6. vicsage February 20, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

I know this is an old post, but I drew the Alphaville poster you’ve used as the base for your collage, and I just wanted to say I think it’s fantastic what you did with it. Cheers!